Clockmakers beware of this company

Clockmakers, beware of ordering from a company called Clockworks in Westfield, Massachusetts.

I ordered a grandmother clock movement from Clockworks' wbsite. The movement was not shipped, but my credit card was charged. The company president assured me that the movement would be sent in short order when the movement did not arrive within a reasonable time and I contacted them.

By the time I realized that Clockworks would not ship my clock movement, it was too late to have the charge removed from my credit card. Clockworks would not answer their phone when I called, nor would they respond to my emails.

I reported the situation with Clockworks to the Massachusetts Attorney General's office, various consumer groups, and the Better Business Bureau. Clockworks ignored attempts from all of these agencies to correct the situation. The text of the BBB report that I received is as follows:

******* Email address: snipped-for-privacy@clockworks.com Phone Number: 413 562-1157 Fax Number: 413 564-8214 Type of Business: On Line Sales Website address:
Address; 555 Russell Road, Westfield, MA 01085 Additional addresses: 44 Franklin St, Westfield, MA; 75 Broad St., Westfield, MA, P.O. Box 596, Westfield, MA

"Based on better Business Bureau files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaints, as well as a pattern of complaints concerning delivery issues. In some instances, customers have received the ordered merchandise from the company, however, the company has shown an unwillingness to resolve the basic cause of customer complaints."

Concerning my specific case, "We have sent correspondence to the firm on more than one occasion requesting that the matter be addressed. To date, we have received no reply. We can only interpret this to mean that the management has no intention of cooperating with us."

*******

Clockworks went into bankruptcy after my experience with them but I notice that as of 1/05, their website is still up and running and, I assume, still taking orders.

Reply to
Woodwkrman

Take a look here

Pat

Good to hear. Well not 'good' but you know what I mean....

Woodwkrman wrote:

Reply to
Eddie Munster