Chick Songs That I Like Singing

Oh yeah...

Reply to
jtpr

That's it. Now you've done it. The way she delivered it was boderline obscene.... OK.... it was.

I really love some of that older stuff that came out at the end of the big band "pop" music. Around the early 50s, they couldn't afford to put the bands on the road, so they pared down the backups and relied more on the singers.

Seemed to get off track again towards the end of the 50s and early 60s when they took torch music and partnered it with strings. *choke*

Liked the club sound that came into the scene in the mid 60s. I think this is where Sarah Vaughan, Nancy Wilson, and others came into their own as torch/club singers. Unfortunately, Julie has smoked so much that her voice had lost that smooth, smokey sound and was deep and a little raspy.

Still a good looker (ex wife to Jack Webb - yup - that Jack Webb) she landed a role on Emergency in the seventies.

It is promised to be a cold and ugly night here, and I am thinking it is a perfect night to spend with the ladies of the torch and a good bourbon.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Blossom Dearie doing "Surrey With The Fringe On top".

Marilyn doing "Happy Birthday".

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

Lew's law:

Obscenity delivered with class is art.

During the summers when school was out, would listen to radio broadcasts of the Kenton band, including the time Chris Connor replaced Christy, and Neil Hefty did the arrangements.

Amen.

Can't forget Dinah Washington, and who could ever forget the Classy Miss Bassy, especially her rendition of "GoldFinger" for the sound track of the first Bond film.

Have a CD of her. Maybe I'll dig it out tonight.

Just the facts ma'am.

I gave up the hard stuff a long time ago.

It's a sailor kind of thing.

Beer, now that is another thing.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

This thread digressed from Chick songs to Chick singers. On that note, I prefer female vocalists because of their soothing sounds - ala Julie London, Rita Coolidge, etc. My favorite singer of any gender is Linda Ronstadt. She can and does everything so well.

Reply to
JKevorkian

I don't know about Jack Webb but Ms. London was married to Bobby Troup, he of "Get your kicks on Route 66" fame when the two of them were co-starring on the show "Emergency" which later got re-named to "Emergency 1" for reasons unknown.

Ir> > snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
John E.

Holy Crap! Take a look at these! I would have never believed something like this was out there:

for more than you ever cared about or wanted to know:

No offense to anyone out there, but I thought my life was a little odd...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Patsy Cline - Crazy

Reply to
NuWaveDave

Recording Artist Song

Anita Bryant - In My Little Corner of the World Anne Murray - Could I Have This Dance Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer Bing Crosby & Grace Kelly - True Love Boswell Sisters - Cheek to Cheek Carole King - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow Carpenters - Close to You Chordettes - Lollipop Connie Francis - My Happiness Debbie Reynolds - Tammy Dionne Warwick - I Say A Little Prayer Doris Day - Everybody Loves A Lover Fifth Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues Fleetwood Mac - Songbird Helen Reddy - You And Me Against The World Margaret Whiting - (I'm In Love With) A Wonderful Guy Mary Wells - My Guy McGuire Sisters - Sugartime Parton Ronstadt Harris - To Know Him Is To Love Him

Reply to
Just Wondering