Singing Kitchen Sink Sprayer

When the hot water flow through my kitchen sink sprayer is low or on full, it is quiet, but when the flow is at about 75%, it "sings" very loudly with a loud high-pitched tone. With cold water, it is quiet at all flow rates. I have taken the faucet apart and don't see anything wrong with it. It is a single faucet with a lever type handle that delivers both hot and cold water from the same faucet. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Reply to
Paul

my delta does that now and then, try replacing the diverter assembly or soak diverter in vinegar. i suspect it cruds up.....

Reply to
hallerb

unless you know the brand and model, try this:

click on repair box, pick your faucet, explode the diagram. see
for delta faucet repair kit. go to lowe's and buy the kit you need. this may require having all the old parts all in your hand in some cases, morning-noon-and evening task, performed best when nobody's home to use the water and the store will be open all day and night for your second and third visits. :) to make it worthwhile, check all the plumbing in the house now and pick up the parts for the next project.

Reply to
buffalobill

repair box, pick your faucet, explode the

Thanks to both who replied! I replaced the diverter valve and now the sink sprayer is quiet again. The old diverter valve was torn and would not stay in place.

Reply to
Paul