Cherry Wood sources in CO

Who, in Colorado, has great 4/4 and, 6/4 and 8/4 cherry wood at reasonable prices?

Thanks,

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rance

I often by wood from Diverse Hardwoods in Longmont. Then sometimes have these thick boards of cherry. I was there a month ago and they did have cherry, maybe 4/4.

Consolidated Hardwoods in Broomfield will order it for you. Occassionally, they'll have some on hand.

I have not been to Paxton's in Denver but I've been told they have a lot to choose from.

There's a place in Fort Collins that's supposed to be fantastic, but I can't even recall the name....

I'd recommend calling each place.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Hi Mark,

I was at Sears-Trostel in Fort Collins today. They had a good supply of cherry.

Prices per board foot were:

4/4: 5.95 5/4: 7.69 6/4: 7.83 8/4: 7.85 I don't know what you consider to be "reasonable". I think all the material was S2S, but call to make sure.

More info at

emelbee

Hi Mark,

I was at Sears-Trostel in Fort Collins today. They had a good supply of cherry.

Prices per board foot were:

4/4: 5.95 5/4: 7.69 6/4: 7.83 8/4: 7.85 I don't know what you consider to be "reasonable". I think all the material was S2S, but call to make sure.

More info at

emelbee

Sears-Trostel Hardwoods

I buy a lot of my wood from them. I don't know if I would call the place "fantastic," but they are a good solid business run by decent folks. They regularly stock 4/4 6/4 and 8/4. The price of cherry is going up, as it seems to be everywhere. If I recall, the 4/4 is now about $5.70 a bf.

There's also a guy, Kevin Kyhl, who trucks a load of mostly walnut, cherry, maple, and oak in from Iowa once a month. Sometimes he has some wood with spectacular figure. There's a link on how to reach him on the woodturner club page:

Nate Perkins

Thanks all, for the help. I am looking to buy about 700 bd ft of select and better (or better) cherry. I am excited about the Iowa lead and the hope that any connection I may make there, could be long-term and mutually agreeable.

Regards,

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rance