Charlie Self will return

Charlie emailed me to say that since AOL dropped newsgroups he's in ISP hell, and that he'll return ASAP. Meanwhile he wishes he could post a reply to the Titebond III query saying that Lee Valley's glue is neat stuff.

Bob Schmall

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Bob, can you pass an offer from me to Charlie? I can set him up a shell account on a box he can use until he gets this straightened out. My email address works.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

news.individual.net even works through our firewall Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Or he could go to news.individual.net and get a free account--only limitation is no binary groups.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Right, that's what I'm using for a newsfeed. I'm just saying if he wants a shell to get to it, I'll give him one.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I'd say there're pretty da... convenient... Other than the fact that one can access them, there's nothing convenient about their interface whatsoever, imo. :(

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Tell Charlie to try Google Groups. Now the easiest to read, but pretty darn convienent.

Andy NWNJ

Reply to
NJTrout

Dave: He requested your email addy and I sent it to him.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Great. Nothing from him as of now, but I'll do what I can.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Got to agree, but it's what I'm using right now. I could not get Google to open decently yesterday and the day before--I could read, not post.

Now, if Dave will only come up with some sort of filter...with filters in place, we probably all forget just how much CRAP is posted to the Wreck by the idiots running around loose in the world.

Reply to
Charlie Self

So, it wasn't a hoax?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Actually, news.individual.net does a great job of cancelling the blatant spam/multipost crap. OT, of course, is impossible to automate. (you've got mail, by the way).

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz