Anyone heard of Charlie Self lately?

I was asked a question on FB by a Judith Austin, whom I didn't know (yet). Had I heard anything from or about Charlie Self, the woodworker, car enthousiast, photographer, and author who also used to frequent the rec? I hadn't heard from him since about March 6, when he mentioned something about his leg that needed fixing. His phone has been disconnected, and according to Judith, his email address doesn't answer, and Charlie's wife seems to have disappeared too.

If anyone knows anything about Charlie, please answer here (and if you can to opahan at yahoo point com). Morris Dovey hadn't heard anything and suggested I post here.

I know it is a bit preposterous for me to ask whether anyone has heard anything about Charlie Self , since I have been absent fairly long too. There is no real reason for that, other than that I am ashamed I haven't made progress with the coffee table I am working on.

Thanks in advance for your notes!

Reply to
Han

His web site is still up, but no way to contact him. As we get older, stuff happens and people disappear.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I tried the phone number I have for him and it doesn't appear to be in service. I sent him e-mails at the two addresses I have for him... waiting to see what happens.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Pretty sure I got email from him about two months ago, IIRC. I was out of town at the time, so no telling which device/folder I saved it on/in. I'll do some digging.

Reply to
Swingman

Unfortunately, I found this:

Hope it's a different Charlie...

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I think it is a different guy... the DOB and city do not match what I know of him....

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

-------------------------------------------- The age is about right.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in news:lKCdneHMIPNDsE_MnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I agree that is a different Charlie, he is from Bedford, VA (says Facebook still). I have a post on Facebook from Charlie on March 6, where he talks about " the therapist felt I had a slight infection on the knee replacement wound"

I didn't like it, but Charlie didn't post very often, so I lost track until Judith asked me about Charlie.

Reply to
Han

---------------------------------------- "John Grossbohl> I think it is a different guy... the DOB and city do not match what > I

-------------------------------------------- "Han" wrote:

--------------------------------------------- SFWIW, Charlie was born in the NYC area and from my ragged memory, moved south after serving in the marines.

As posted else where, Charlie and I were of about the same age, so I'lll buy the birthdate posted.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:51d23bd2$0$2686 $c3e8da3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Apparently Judith has been in contact, and Charlie is OK. More later, as I get the info.

Reply to
Han

---------------------------------------------- Any more info?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I heard from Charlie via e-mail the other day on my iPhone. I haven't had access to the Rec since so this is the first chance I've had to post.

He has been dealing with a number of issues and wasn't able to get to a computer for months... He is hopeful that he'll be all settled down by October. At that time he can tell all as much or little as he'd like about what he's been doing.

Contrary to earlier reports, and in line with my response to same, the news of his demise is premature.... he'll be back!

John

"Han" wrote:

---------------------------------------------- Any more info?

Lew