casters for a radial arm saw

father in law has a craftsman radial arm saw he is giving me. Do they make a caster wheel kit to go on them

Reply to
racing John

If you want to move the heaviest of equipment with ease, check out the Rockler All-Terrain Mobile Base. The optional extensions will fit any equipment, and the large locking 5" wheels allow for easy movement but lock solid into place.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Yes they do make a caster set. HOWEVER because the legs have so much twist in them the casters are next to worthless. You would be better off buying a universal mobile base from Rockler for about $50-$60.

Reply to
Leon

That's what I did on the used Craftsman RAS I bought this past year. The built-in casters were total crap; threw them away and put the whole rig on a Delta universal mobile base.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Yikes, you'll give that dangerous monster wheels so it can chase you round the shop instead of sitting there passively waiting to bite you?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

thanks I will check it out

Reply to
racing John

It is reasuring that some thing never change. I bought my RAS in 1979 and got rid of it some where around 1987.

Reply to
Leon

Mine came with a leg and caster set. I never used them, because I have my RAS built into the workbench along the wall. Gives me a long feed table.

Bill

Reply to
BillGill

Whoops! I went and checked. I have the legs, but it doesn't mention casters. Some day I may even find a use for the leg kit.

Bill

Reply to
BillGill

There are several brands of universal bases with wheels. The base is adjusted to the particular machine. They are about $100. Woodcraft makes one kind. Of course, you can make one yourself, ShopNotes had a plan.

Reply to
Phisherman