Can Someone ID This Plane

I suppose it's a plane. The pic is somewhat poor, as I see it. There's no description, on the site, for this item.... at a local auction, Saturday.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Looks like somebody bronzed it :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Looks a lot like these pics of a Stanley 113 compass plane:

No telling what's under that gold paint though, it may be covering a good deal of rust.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Reminds me of an old guy I knew many years ago... He used to paint stuff with a flat yellow paint that he referred to as "preservative" when people came by to buy stuff out of his yard... All it did was cover up how bad the stuff really was! He used to make hard cider, pickles, pickled eggs, pickled pigs feet, etc. He also maintained a huge garden that was tended completely by hand. He originally lived outside of town but development encroached so his little subsistence farm was suddenly surrounded by civilization. Despite that he continued his ways right up to the end. Younger relatives moved in and got rid of all his "stuff" and did away with the garden.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I think you're right, now that I see a compass plane. As per the pic (condition), if I can buy it for $10 or less, I will.

Thanks. Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

At one time, I shopped for scafolds, on Craigslist. Some of those scaffold sellers painted their scaffolds yellow, covering up rust, concrete that was dried on them, dirt that was still clumped on them, etc.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

If the guy was masking the condition of his tools, how confident could you be about the consumables that he selling? I'd wonder what was hiding in those jugs of cider and jars of pickles.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Get a cop of Jane's All the World's Aircraft. They have every plane in there.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I would agree that it's a Stanley compass. My suspicion would be that this has spent a long time in water. Difficult to tell from pic. Nick.

Reply to
Nick

I was a kid, and I lived.... ;~)

Reply to