butternut?

hi...

i'm looking for 1/2 inch butternut in the new york area. any suggestions?

Reply to
Ah10201

Not sure if they have butternut, but ML Condon Lumber Co. in White Plains carries several hundred different kinds of both native and imported lumber. They may carry butternut. If not, I'm sure that they'll be able to tell you who does.

Their phone number is 914-946-4111. I didn't find a website for them.

Reply to
Charley

You should get together with this guy:

Gary W. Cooper wrote: > I milled some butternut lumber 1 1/8" thick x various widths and lengths > will sell very reasonable > Cheers, Gary (613) 821-2732

It looks like he's in Ontario, based on his area code.

Reply to
Darin

City or state?

I'm in Eastern Canada, but I've ordered butternut in the past from Advantage Lumber in Buffalo, NY. They ship long boards by truck or small bundles (lengths under 6 feet) by UPS.

inch butternut is $3.25 per **square** foot, minimum order is $100

Reply to
K.-Benoit Evans

West Penn Hardwoods in Olean NY. I've been there and they have pallets of #2 Butternut. Stunning stuff. Don't know prices or quantities, but I can vouch for their excellent service. Check on the Web.

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter