Building drop net, wood selection help

Good day Guys,

I'm building a small panel to block the top 1' of a box lacrosse net (4 ' wide). The panel is used during practise and games for 5 - 8 years olds to encourage them to shoot lower, hence avoid hitting the goalie in the head.

I was considering using ply or mdf for durability, but was concerned about the weight as sometimes the kids might have to move the panel. I'm now thinking that using 1X pine should be durable enough. Your thoughts?

I'm also wondering about finish. I don't think I'll need anything, but I have a feeling I'm incorrect.

Sean

Reply to
mrcomp_ca

Why not use a piece of net?

Reply to
JuanKnighter

Good idea, but the co-ordinator is looking for a rebound, like it's coming off of the cross bar. He doesn't want any balls dropping of and going in the net.

Reply to
mrcomp_ca