Bosch circular saw problem

My excellent Bosch circular saw suddenly developed a problem:

When attempting to turn the nut counter-clockwise with the supplied wrench to change a blade (while holding in the lock button as usual) the internal ratchet just goes "click, click" instead of holding in one position.

I have not put it to very heavy use in the years that I have owned it, as I do more and more of my work the "Neanderthal" way these days.

Do I have any alternative other than to take it to a Bosch repair depot?

Thanks,

Godzilla

Reply to
Godzilla

Yes, loosen the nut the old fashioned way. Use a screwdriver in between the teeth to keep the blade from spinning while you loosen the nut. And remember, the nut loosens in the same direction that the blade spins, so I assume that your blade is on the right side of the motor when sawing. If your blade is actually on the left side of the blade when sawing, you are turning the nut in the wrong direction.

Reply to
Leon