bicycle meets car car wins

Ain't that the truth. I'm still suffering from the aftereffects of having my car rear-ended 10 years ago. Kind of wish I hadn't taken the money and closed the case.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

yes (G) it's getting better so I am not too worried.

Reply to
Steve Knight

looks like I need to see the doc. my knee has gotten worse. something is popping on the side. still not a huge amount of pain but still I better get in before I sign anything.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Steve Knight wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You should go see the doc, but my knee does that, and I haven't been on a bicycle in ten years. ;-)

My doc says it's caused by middle age.

Seriously. Go talk to your own insurance professional. You may want to consider settling on the bicycle damages, and leaving the medical portion, the piece that's much more difficult to fix, open to see how things heal. The only one who really needs to close the file quickly is the adjuster for the company whose insured ran into you.

Bicycles and cars are just replaceable things. If your mobility or stamina is affected, your business and family's livelihood is impacted, and $2500 is a drop in the bucket.

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Exactly the advice I would give you (not having followed it myself). The aftereffects of an accident can take months or years to show up. Make sure your doctor understands *every time* you see him/her that this complaint is related to the accident - and make sure they put that in the chart.

Here's hoping that it all heals up and is fine by the end of the week.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

the silly thing only hurts when I kneel. today it feels good (G) but I will go get it checked out today.

but money won't fix anything. it causes it's own problems. business is slow right now so it has not really effected much. and the weird thing is I can walk just fine. but sometimes with pain.

Reply to
Steve Knight

I worked all day on it today with little pain. kneeling makes it ache. the sore spot is right where I got hit by the car. the whole time it has hardly been bad enough to need Tylenol. except at night where laying on it made it irritating to sleep.

Reply to
Steve Knight