Best Mobile Base for JET Cabinet Saw?

Having read some harsh comments on the JET/HTC mobile base for the JTAS-10XL

50" table saw, I have been looking for an alternative. Delta makes a base (Amazon $144) for the 52" Unisaw that some folks seem to have adapted with some jiggering. The simplest solution appears to have been to attach a 2" x 2" x 24" L-angle to provide support for the extension legs. Shop Fox also has Heavy Duty Adjustable Mobile BAse and Mobile Base Extension that Woodcraft sells for $130. Does anyone have experience with either of these solutions? Any recommendations?
Reply to
Ted Franklin

I went with the Delta base for my Jet cabinet saw. After trying the HTC/JET base with a Jet cabinet saw on it in a store there was no way I'd buy one... the Delta base works great with the 2x2 spacer added.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I really like the Shop Fox bases. However, if you intend to move your saw frequently, to put your car away each night for example, you won't like the Shop Fox. It lacks the foot operated lever that the Delta has. With the Shop Fox, you must screw two legs to raise and lower the unit. I think the Shop Fox might be more stable when set. I only move my saw once in a while so it works for me.

--

Reply to
Pounds on Wood