Band-Saw blade(Re-sawning)

I got a chance to use my new " Wood Slicer"resawing blade from Highland Hardware....($30)...cut some hard maple form 3/4 in half for 1/4" use......a piece of cake. I use a 14" Powermatic bandsaw, it was really slicing easy. I tried doing this on my old saw with a regular blade n it was hard going. I only re-saw once in awhile, but this makes you wanna try it again. I use a Timberwolf blade for regular cutting, low-tension.....cut easily but not a real smooth surface. Seeing i got some of this advise from some of you, thought i,d let you know how it went. Its been a lil-while, but i do more woodworking in the winter than i do in summer. Another improvement, I got all of my big tools on wheels now....good for cleaning the shop, or moving around for more room. If you thinking about doing that, you won,t be sorry.....too long..gotta go...thanks.....

Reply to
George Berlinger

sounds like SWMBO just walked in, eh.

James

George Berl> I got a chance to use my new " Wood Slicer"resawing blade from Highland

Reply to
James