Auger numbers = what sizes?

Need to know if there is any site that explains, or, translates those numbers on the shafts into the actual sizes? I have a pile to go through before sharpening them. Or if anyone just knows, that would be great. Would help a lot, thanks all.

Reply to
AAvK

It's the number of sixteenths of an inch. ie. auger #8 = 8/16" = 1/2"

Art

Need to know if there is any site that explains, or, translates those numbers on the shafts into the actual sizes? I have a pile to go through before sharpening them. Or if anyone just knows, that would be great. Would help a lot, thanks all.

-- Alex - newbie_neander in woodworking cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com not my site:

Wood Butcher

This is the case for a lot of old woodworking tools. You can always check with a pair of calipers.

Reply to
woodworker88

Awesome help guys, thanks! Makes a lot more sense.

Reply to
AAvK

It is the diameter of the auger in 1/16ths of an inch.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman