Anyone use either the Oneida Portable or the JDS 2hp Cyclone?

I am looking for a cyclone that will fit under my 90" ceiling and handle a single machine connected through a 4" hose. Oneida recommends their portable; they say that when choked by the 4" hose it will work just as well as the larger units. It is $1100. I like the small foot print, as my shop is very small, but think it is a bit pricy for the limited capacity. (and I have to drive 60 miles to pick it up at the factory to save the freight...) JDS recommends their 2hp for $950. It is both cheaper than the Oneida and more powerful, but takes up significantly more space.

Anything good or bad to say about either unit? The sale prices end this week, so I have to make a decision fast.

Reply to
Toller

greatviewcsc

Why not ClearVue's Mini CV1400 Cyclone:

$945 + ~$90 for filter and includes shipping. 800 CFM through 4" pipe,

1100 through 6".
Reply to
digitect

I am glad you brought it up; I didn't want to muddy the water with too many choices. I read about the Clearvue, and am a bit concerned with all the parts put together there was lots of places for air leaks, a 5hp motor is pretty heavy to be hanging from my wall, and I am not sold on the idea of plastic. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Also, does the $945 cover EVERYTHING other than the filters? Do you use one filter or two? Nether of those is clear from their description.

Reply to
Toller

He does address this on the FAQ page.

It doens't include the two filters, trash can, or electrical switch or relay. I recommend taking a look through the installation instructions.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf