Twin Cutter Saw

Harbor Freight has one on sale for $139.0

and I thought to ask the group if 1. Anyone has used one of these, 2. What for 3. What's it god for, etc. Any feedback appreciated.

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

$139.0

I haven't used one, but I seem to remember hearing that it is the perfect tool for cutting a car in half. Sounds like fun, but I'm not sure how useful it would be in the woodshop or around the house, especially if you already have a sawzall. Just speculating... Andy

Reply to
Andy

I saw a demo cutting a car in half with a reciprocation saw and a special blade within 2 minutes - impressive. Sawzall won't cut thin sheets cleanly like the twin cutter. Twin blades ware out pretty fast and pricey. I have sawzall, angle grinder with cutting blade, pipe cutter, sheet metal electric shear so couldn't think of a reason to get the twin cutter.

Cuts sheet metal, angle iron, round pipes, plastic - all clean and smooth without any kickbacks as in the Sears demo.

** Frank **

O Well, Sears has it for $169.00 (thanksfo the link) so HFT $139.00 may not be such a breat deal or a chinese knock off - but both may be made by Chines political prisoners! Thanks for the feedback.

demo.http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_SessionID=@@@@1337994648...

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

The political prisoners are knocking off software and sneakers. Their version of Club Fed. ;)

RicodJour

Hmm... Interesting mental picture of prisoners manufacturing a saw that quickly cuts through anything. BZZZZZ. Pause. Woohoo! Andy

Reply to
Andy

I'm sure that such would never happen... too many young children are available to work the factory jobs.

woodstuff

Reply to
woodstuff

Not to mention how easy it is to harvest organs from the other Chinese prisoners.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz