Any stairbuilders out there?

Hello... any stairbuilders out there? go to group called staircases, hardwood. I just started it. Looking for conversation with professional stair guys.

Reply to
jonz6

Mike Radlin

If ya got questions, just ask. I build more than my share of stairs, and I'm sure there are plenty of others here that can help as well. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

RE: Subject

Just curious.

A question for the stair builders.

How often do you find yourself building a set of stairs that is other than a 3-4-5 right triangle?

(ie: 6" rise, 8" tread)

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

What's up Dave? Any stair conversing?

Reply to
jonz6

Howdy there mister Mike, What say you about the stair business locallly? Busy?

Reply to
jonz6

What do you mean? out of square how?

Reply to
jonz6

I was unable to find your group, sorry! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

hmmm, staircases,hardwood.... i'll look into it Where you from?

Reply to
jonz6

Staircases, Hardwood it seems to work. Try again. You and i can get this group up and going. Other stair people will join in.

Reply to
jonz6

I'd say my average is normally a 71/8" to 71/2" rise and 10" to 11" run. (The average angle is about 35-37 degrees.) In fact, I can't off hand remember building any that fell into a perfect 3-4-5 rt triangle. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Dave, It's a google group, not under rec.woodworking. Just (Staircases, Hardwood)

Reply to
jonz6

Do you have a link? I have earthlink news and just entered the group name into the newsgroup search with no luck. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Mike, Nice website. How about some information on different suppliers, etc. Are you using Chinese parts? Seems we're almost exclusively using them.

Reply to
jonz6

Yup, _THE_ stair builder hangs out here on occassion:

If you need to know anything about stairs and much more, he's your man.

- Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

I found ya and will check it out tomorrow. Time to shut this thing down for the night, and enjoy some cold ones. Later --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

Reply to
Dave Jackson

On Sunday 30 Jan 2005 1:37 am, Lew Hodgett scribbled:

Most of the stairs I've seen and built have been 7 to 7-1/2" rise and 10 to 11" run.

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

where can i find this group?

Reply to