Advice on what biscuit size to use

I got a dewalt biscuit joiner for christmas and I would like to know which applications would use the #0, #10 and #20 biscuits? Is there a universal size tat would be for most applications?

Thanks in advance

keith

Reply to
Keith Boeheim

Areas/items requiring the #0 take a number #0.

Same goes for #10 and #20.

OK, all kidding aside, OK, actually that was an answer, I find that most (all) of the time I use the #20. When a #20 won't fit I use a #10 and when a #10 won't do I use the #0. And when the #0 won't do I use the #FF (I have a Porter-Capable).

Let's put it this way. A bottle each of the #0 and #10 will last as long as ten packs/containers/bottles of the #20.

Your Mileage May Vary.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

No. Use the largest size you can get away with. They're not that expensive, so lay in a range.

Cheers

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

Also, in circumstances like face frames, the biscuit can stick out a bit, then cut off after glue-up. This only works if the biscuit going to be hidden, trimmed over, or it doesn't matter.

HTH, Jeffo

Reply to
Jeffo

Bingo. They cost, what, $7 a bottle? Buy one of each and as you start using them you'll see that the #20s get used most of the time, but you'll have the others for when you need them.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA