Delta Contractor Saw Power

My uncle just gave me his contractor saw. It's a nice replacement for my older saw. But, it's wired for 240 and I need to put it on a 110 circuit. He told me that's doable but I don't see any instructions in the user manual. Can somebody tell me how to rewire it?

Reply to
Karen Kent

The instructions are usually right on the motor or inside where the wires go. Just make sure you have enough amps available to run it on 120v.

Reply to
Toller

Diagram is inside the motor cover.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Yes, a standard 15 amp circuit may not be enough. Many of the 1.5 and 2 horse motors draw at least 20 amps on startup at 110 volts. This can be checked at

They have a list there somewhere under accesories in PDF format.

JohnV

Reply to
JohnV

Reply to
rodgerp

Karen, I wired my saw for 220 with the help of the folks at Delta. They were great at helping me identify which leads went on which terminals. My saw is five years old. I don't know how old is your uncles saw, but that should not make a big difference. If I recall, the actual process was something on the order of 10-15 minutes. I have to admit that the before and after was not as big a diff as I had expected.

If you cannot wire up an outlet for 220, then I don't believe you will be giving up a lot to go back to 110. The bit about the amperage draw is on the money, but is not an issue for a saw designed to run on 110 or

220 to beg> My uncle just gave me his contractor saw. It's a nice replacement for
Reply to
DIYGUY