A gloat?

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240. Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between

1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be good for something.

But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!

Reply to
toller

Sure... some REALLY snazzy drawers. You can also use the thinner stock for edging and just generally dress up other pieces with the thinner stock.

Lots of glue and you got "thicker"...

I would use it for a couple of really snazzy garden benches. The 3/8" is just right for back slats.

toller wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Right now I'm in the process of making some boxes for gifts. It is all 3/8" material. The widest is the lid at 5 5/8". Your wood would be perfect for it. Plans are in American Woodworker a month or two ago.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I will have a look. Happens to be the only WW magazine the library carries.

Reply to
toller

You can give it to rec.ww'rs as christmas gifts!

Reply to
WoodMangler

I think you just figured out why you got it so cheap.

Just now something that thin would come in very handy for some projects I have. So:

You suck!

--RC

Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?

Reply to
rcook5

Hi Toller,

I think that you got a pretty good deal, but most of the thinner stuff would be appropriate for smaller projects like jewelry boxes, chess boards, clocks, etc.

Of course, you can always laminate them together to get what you want.

75 sq ft of 3/4 at $250 is still a fair price IMHO.

At that price, I would have grabbed it to have around for whenever I needed it for whatever (as a hobbyist).

Lou

Reply to
loutent

i would make a great Christmas present.. you have my address, right?

Reply to
mac davis

Yo! Mac! Proof read man, proof read...

Reply to
Mike Marlow

hmm... must have been a long day... took me like 5 readings to see what you meant...

hey, wait a second here! You're assuming that I wouldn't make a great present??? *rofl*

Reply to
mac davis