A bandsaw lesson that cost me $25

I think it depends on the saw (mine suggests 5/8" or 3/4" for resawing) and why you're resawing... I"m pretty much slicing thick slabs that will be turned, so the 3 TPI is fine, but I understand that if you're slicing thin veneer that you want a fine tooth blade, both to minimize tear out and give a minimum kerf..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Don't rely on the switch. My most embarrassing injury cane to the knuckle of the ring finger on my right hand. Almost vertical cut, which fortunately missed the tendon.

As the doc was sewing it up, he asked how. I said "band saw," then noticed his puzzled expression as he tried to figure out how I could have done it. Easy to do if you turn the machine off and begin to brush away the dust as it freewheels silently to a stop...

Reply to
George

good point, George... I think that reading your story of that injury ( a few months before getting my BS) has been in my mind and keeping me away from a blade that MIGHT be moving..