Subject Author Posted Replies

Measure without tape measure.
Wed, Sep 12, 2007, 5:27pm (EDT-3) (Robatoy) doth mumble: HOW many can YOU do? (From Popular Mechanics) 1. Patch a radiator hose 2. Protect your computer 3. Rescue a boater who as capsized 4. Frame a...
61
61

Harbor Freight 2HP dust collector
Anyone have any experience with this Harbor Freight dust collector: ? TIA Dan
6
6

INSPIRATION - Saw Handle Cane
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://www.routerforums.com/attachments/show-n-tell/814-canes-im002225.jpgJOATWhat
4
4

seeking hardwood dowel rod
I'm wondering if anyone can point me to a commercial supplier of 5/8" or 3/4" dowel rods in fine dense hardwoods, or possibly bamboo. I need it in only 1' lengths. Thanks, Rob
4
4

Re: OT - Cutting Glass with Scissors
My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, they did not consult me on the editing of the clip.:-(

New woodworking idea?
Has anyone seen or heard of lamp/ceiling light shades being made from wood? I'm thinking it should be relatively simple to make shades from veneer-thickness woods which would provide interesting...
13
13

Should you Sand and seal a Red cedar deck? crossed to Rec.Woodworking / home.repair
Is it exposed to the weather? If you want it to last, look good, not splinter, crack, and rot, then yes. I dont now about the Behr, but use a good penetrating oil stain. And yes you will need to...
3
3

mlcswoodworking.com - Customer Service "Sorry we can't do that"
I have had good luck with MLCS. They make good bits that are fairly priced (some downright cheap) that are easily disposed of when they are dull. They may have changed of course, and that wouldn't...
2
2

Tenoning jig help
OK, Make one's own TG. But, what measurements did you use for your jig? Is it set for 3/4" stock? For a fixed tenonn size, shoulder size? Not taking a shot, seriously interested.
8
8

Plastic Laminate Saw Table
I built a 4'x8' table around my unisaw and covered it with laminate. Lubricate the saw top with Topcote. Will this work on the laminate as well? Kenneth
2
2

Turning Blanks
have a set of 3 maple turning blanks that I recieved from a friend who works for a tree service company. The 3 blanks are about 6 inches across and about a foot or so long each. They were cut last...
6
6

Stopped Chamfers
Today I gave up using a router to cut stopped chamfers for balusters. In addition to tearout and blowout, you also get burning. Since I had 112 of them to do, and I really didn't feel like banging my...
14
14

Need a little advice on buying a finish nailer
I need to buy a finish nailer to put up the trim in my house. What is the difference between 15 and 16 gauge (besides 1)? Also, why angled over not angled or vice versa? I was thinking Bostich ~150$....
15
15

Finish problem..BLO and spar varnish
For reasons to match existing color edge grained Fir in our house I want to first "color" our custom made 40" fir front entrance door with boiled linseed oil to get to the color i want and then put...
5
5

Re: Rob Lee is getting out of hand
Tue, Sep 11, 2007, 7:44am (Rob=A0Lee) doth sayeh: You should see the tool grotto..... As long as the playmate of the month doesn't wear flannel and have a beard. JOAT What is life without challenge...
2
2