Subject Author Posted Replies

buying used (ebay/web) handplanes experience?
Rely on the photos, not on the descriptions. I have seen many pictures of incomplete or broken planes underneath text that described them as complete and undamaged. I used to write to those folks...
9
9

Creating Ruhlmann style dental ?
I know how I might create this dental detail, but I was hoping to see other ideas. I searched online for technique but have not found anything, and next I will go through my old fine woodworking's,...
2
2

Card table swivel mechanism
Hi, Anyone know where I can get the swivel machanism for a card table (in UK preferably). In that the table top is hinged and when opened is swivelled through 90 degrees to make a bigger table. TVMIA
1
1

grizzly dado sets
Has anyone had any experience with the grizzly H7777 8" Dado Blade Set. I need to pick up a dado set and I 've been debating on these or spending the extra few buck and get the frued 206.

tormek good or bad
Everything else is preparation for the steel. Tormek or Tormek clones look like nice water cooled grinders. Dry grinding thin blades to a feather edge risks burning them. If you're handy, you can...
23
23

1 1/4" Oak Closet Rod Dowel Over 4 ft.?
I am in the middle of a home improvement (?) project. It am going to replace the existing dark walnut stained pine clowels with oak. I have some closets with rods over 5' in length supported on each...
10
10

Extreme Doghouse Contest
I say, let 'em make their own damned doghouse. JOAT "I'm an Igor, thur. We don't athk quethtionth." "Really? Why not?" "I don't know, thur. I didn't athk."...

Asking for Recommendations for Care of Wood Finishes
Hi, I'm trying to find out how to take care of wood furniture for example, a beautiful oriental chest inlayed with abalone or mother of pearl with a lacquer finish, another oriental chest that is very...

Need to stain cherry to dark cherry
Go to a real paint store not a home center. Old Masters brand stain has 4 stains that fit your description. Old Masters is only sold at independently owned Paint Stores.
25
25

Which wood for making smoking pipes?
Bruyere is the rootstock of a mediterranean small shrub related to heath/heather/erica. I used to buy pre-drilled blanks with matching mouthpieces and carve my own pipes 30odd years ago when I was...
9
9

Tapering Legs (TS or BS?)
Sleds are the way to go for tapered legs. If you don't want to use the double-stick tape, put a 1/4" dowel in the center of the stop block and drill a 1/4" hole in the bottom of each leg. Cutting the...
10
10

Looking for end/coffee table legs...
I'm looking for some end/ coffee table legs similiar to these at Rockler's, but, a bit less expensive. I need 8 in the 20-21" range and 4 in the 15-16" range, most likely oak, but, considering cherry...
3
3

Where are furniture binaries
Haven't visited here in a year (since Forte Agent insisted on payment). Is there still a binaries group? I only found a.b.p.f with 14 posts. Thanks.
2
2

Best Woodworking Magazine
I got my renewal notice for FWW, just after getting that horrible issue with the article on clamping - yea, one of those Irwin hand clamps will apply more pressure than my Bessy K body. I don't think...
19
19

how to fill an irregular hole?
Can't you just hang a picture over the hole or put a chair or something in front of it?
12
12