Subject Author Posted Replies

mail order lumber and plywood
All of my local lumber sources have been sold or closed. I refuse to buy at the big box stores. Any recommendations / places to stay away from for mail order lumber & plywood. I use mostly oak and...
13
13

RIP Jim KcKay
If you're over 40, you get it... --------------------------------------------- ** ** ---------------------------------------------
9
9

Why Don't We Have Fishing Related WoodDorking Topics?
I'm talking about making bamboo rods and wooden lures. Steam bent frames for nets. Making wooden paddles. Wooden Priests. That sorta thing. I don't recall seeing much about this around here. Regards,...
6
6

Jet Power Tools
Hi. Jet JWP-12 Thicknesser at about £210. 1800W, max width 318mm On epinions it has 3 fair-to-middlin reviews. Does anyone know a better deal for a thicknesser for not much more money? Thanks. Arthur
3
3

Searching for hardware. Crescent-shaped nut.
Used to join sections of a bed, as a draw-bolt. Photos at this link... not been able to find, locally or online. Thanks very much for any information....
6
6

New drill
I bought the Hitachi at Lowes for $99. I see it has the Ni-Cad batteries which I guess is the worst of the battery technologies. My question is that when new batteries are needed or the old ones are...
4
4

Repairing split timber
Hi. I have just cut some 24mm thick oak treads to a length but there are 3 or 4 lengths where the last inch or so have an end split/shake. Most of the split will of course be hidden by the string. But...
8
8

O/T: 06/06/1944
Least we not forget 44 years ago today. Lew
62
62

Drying Wood Queastion:
We had a storm last year that blew down 5 large pine trees in my yard. My friend cut them into 4/4 and 8/4, 8 feet long and 10-14 inches wide. I have them stacked with 1" square scrap sticks between...
5
5

finish on western red cedar?
just finished a planter made of western red cedar(plan called for redwood) should I put any finish on it? I live in central Maryland Len
3
3

Odd Request from Customer
My normal line of work is installing cabinets and building TV Cabinets. A customer asked me if I could refinish his Craps Tables. He's in the Gaming Entertainment business. Not real gaming since it's...
17
17

Looking for door panel clips
Has anyone ever seen or used any type of clips to hold panel doors in place? I have to finish building six drawers for the bottom of my entertainment centre. I was thinking that it would be nice to...

put initals in wood
HI All, I want to put some small initials into a wooden knife handle, say 1/4 inch tall letters. I have no idea of how i can achieve this. My engraving skills are minus nill - so any ideas would be...
11
11

PING Leon: Thinking of you, buddy
Leon: When really get serious about turning those pens, you need to get some of this stuff: Bless the land down under. I am glad to see there is someone that still doesn't give a crap about PC. And...
4
4

Waxalit and Spax
After reading the glowing reports on waxalit for glueups, and spax screws for fastening, I've decided they both have a place in my next project. Unfortunately, I have no local supplier, and no one...
7
7