New drill

I bought the Hitachi at Lowes for $99. I see it has the Ni-Cad batteries which I guess is the worst of the battery technologies. My question is that when new batteries are needed or the old ones are re built, can the batteries be rebuilt with a different type of batteries or is it necessary to stay with the Nicads? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul O.

Probably depends more on the charger that came with it. It probably isn't meant to recharge Lithium Ion batteries, so if you changed, you'd have to get a new charger too. Unlikely to be cost effective.

You got a good drill, and those batteries will last a good while.

Reply to
Woodie

I'm using Li-Ion batteries in my Makita drills that came with NiCad. No problems.

Max

Reply to
Max

If you are worried about the batteries, you can buy an extra set of two for $ 99.00. You also get a free extra charger and a spare drill. $ 49.50 per battery... not too bad.

Reply to
Robatoy

I think your tongue was poking through your cheek on that one, but I did just what you said.. lol

Years ago, My wife bought me the Craftsman 19V drill driver and light set.. One charger, 2 tools, 2 batteries.. I picked up an identical drill with battery on Ebay for about $30 because they had broken up one of those 5 or 6 piece kits and the drill was offered with battery but no charger..

I'm so used to having the 2 of them on the bench that if one died I'd replace it with the same thing.. It's handy for the stuff I do to have one DD set on "low" with a hex holder for screws and the other one set on "high" for drilling..

I know it's lazy, but it sure is nice when I'm doing something that involves a lot of screws and pilot holes..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis