Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman 10" 3hp table saw
Model 137.218010, Serial No. RHV34. I can't find ANY reviews for this thing online. OSH has it on sale for $84, regular $169. Has feed supports that extend from each side. No legs. Blade tilt is done...
21
21

OT: (sort of) TOOL GLOSSARY
Belt Sander: An electric sanding tool commonly used to convert minor touch-up jobs into major refinishing jobs. Craftsman 1/2 X 24-Inch Screwdriver: A very large pry bar that inexplicably has an...
1
1

Help with project ideas
I am working on building and buing various pieces of furniture for a room for my kids. The best way I can describe this room is that it should be a place where they can play, explore, do projects,...
12
12

The size of angle iron used on Biesemeyer fence
Does anybody happen to know what the size of angle iron that Biesemeyer uses for the back portion of their fence. Is it a standard size ?
12
12

Nailing web frames into dadoed panels?
I am constructing a sideboard made of solid wood (red oak). The end panels are glue ups of smaller boards. In between the two ends will be a set of drawers, with webbed frames separating the rows of...
3
3

rust prevention - Penetrol + Johnson paste wax
Several searches have suggested this recipe is one of the better, if not best, for rust control of cast iron table tops. Anyone else have an opinion? Top Coat is another commercial product that...
15
15

Wiping Varnish Question
I dug up a mystery "cedar" stump a while back and have been using the wood for small projects as I tinker in the shop. I don't know what kind of cedar it is, but it's very purple and clear of knots...
1
1

#&%@ borer in old toy?
Have a small tree toy that I made 2 years ago that for some reason now has borer/woodworm dust coming from some little holes in the stem. Anybody have any ideas of something that I can squirt down the...
13
13

@#$& Borer in old toy!!!!!
Have a small tree toy that I made 2 years ago that for some reason now has borer/woodworm dust coming from some little holes in the stem. Anybody have any ideas of something that I can squirt down the...
19
19

OT: Kinda cool way to get busted.
The Toronto Parking Authority are going to be all over this one: have never used Photobucket for video, so bear with me. ( 6 MB ) http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/?action=view
8
8

8' long rip on TS
What Chris says works for me, too...but, really, what it's all about is practice. One more thing, though, try real hard to get your footwork good enough to keep the sheet (or board, if you will) to...
42
42

T-111 Plywood
I am building some external doors, and was advised that in US they have a product that is Plywood with vertical grooves .... so looks as aesthetically pleasing as T&G ... but has dimensional stability...
2
2

Building kitchen cupboards. Drawer slide advice requested.
The foundation was poured by a contractor in the summer of 02. I've done almost all the rest of the building myself with help from my son and friends. Below is a link to some photos of the place....
23
23

Workshop floor
the same leveling compound the hardware floor guys use to install hardwood flooring over second story subfloor, install the flooring of your choice on top of that. Just don't do it over rot, or you'll...
4
4

Looking for replacement wooden arm
My dad has an old office chair that I would like to refinish and fix. The problem is one of the bent wood arms is missing. I'm hoping someone can recommend a business that sells replacement parts.
2
2