Subject Author Posted Replies

Centre for Fine Woodworking Exhibitions
Larry Spitz showed us a fine tapestry/quilt rack over in apbw. What I was blown away by was the exhibition of the fine work done at this Centre for Fine Woodworking. Here are the links. if you are...
1
1

SketchUp7 users -"Dynamic" Kitchen Cabinet Face Frame components
Been playing around with creating "dynamic components", using that new feature now available in SketchUp7-Pro. Below is a file that contains two .skp files, one for Base Cabinet FF's, and one for Wall...
54
54

OT Ginger or Mary Ann? (Gilligans Island)
Mary Ann gets my vote. cm
29
29

Somebody is having a good Christmas
Went to the Lee Valley Toronto West store today, at the pick up counter the guy in front of me was picking up a Leigh Super Jig with the vacuum and router support.

slides wide drawers
I just finished a set of kitchen cabinets. One cabinet has 4 38" wide drawers. Depths vary from 6" to 10". The drawers are about 21.5" deep to fit into a 24" cabinet. I don't expect a heavy load in...
9
9

OT: Tingo
Toujours Tingo: Weird words and bizarre phrases Toujours Tingo, a book by Adam Jacot de Boinod, lists weird words and bizarre phrases from around the world. The "tingo" of its title is an Easter...
2
2

What is it? Set 263
This week's set has been posted:
24
24

What is it with this place?
I broke my last coping saw blade about 2 months ago, and finally got around to ordering replacements. They showed up a little after Thanksgiving, but by then, I had already misplaced the saw....
46
46

nobex mitre saw blades
I'm guessing there will be some here who own and use the `nobex' mitre saw. I've owned one for several yrs, but don't use it all that often. When I do though, it will likely be a fair bit of work. A...
6
6

OT: Hot Water Heating
I've got in floor radiant heating in the garshop, and have been thinking... If the power goes out, so goes the circulation pump and the heat. However, were a propane (already there) generator...
18
18

Renovation
Have you ever wanted to buy a fixer-upper, renovate and sell for a HUGE profit ? Then this clip can give you some ideas.
1
1

OWWM.com
For any of you who haven't visited it's worth checking out. I'm a big fan. My latest partially completed restoration is a 17" Delta Drill Press. The nearest I can tell is that it's made in the late...
14
14

O/T: It'a a Zoo Out There
It's a zoo, traffic wise, in SoCal this afternoon. It is 44F outside my window. Snow level is down to 1,500 ft in the mountains. Below that, heavy rain. Highways out of SoCal, across the mountains are...
48
48

Help - Can Remember/Find Recent Thread about Miniature Woodworker
Sorry all, I have a newborn at home and just have mush brain. I can't find the recent thread with the link to that unbelievable miniature woodworker/artist. Can someone post the link again. Thanks,...
4
4

Some advice sought on building a bar/counter top.
There is a space between my kitchen and the living room that was setup to be used as a bar type counter, a place to put 3 tall chairs in front of for eating or drinking. It currently has a piece of...
4
4