Workshop floor

A decade or so ago, I built a storage shed. The shed is 16'x24'. When I built the shed it was only intended for storage. Over the years I have slowly converted the shed into a small woodworking shop. The floor, two layers of treated 3/4" plywood, glued and nailed to 2x6 joists, set on concrete blocks. Over the years, the floor has become uneven and almost impossible to roll my larger tools around on. I need some opinions. What would be the best, least expensive and least labor intensive method of obtaining a reasonably flat floor. By the way, being located in Texas, with all the scorpions, black widows and brown recluse spiders, not to mention a whole assortment of snakes; I would just as soon not entertain the notion of crawling under the shed.

Reply to
ron

Are you talking about the seems becoming uneven? A rented floor sander would knock those down in no time. An inch and a half thick floor gives you plenty of room to sand down.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Providing the subfloor is still sound, do as Mike suggest and, after using the same leveling compound the hardware floor guys use to install hardwood flooring over second story subfloor, install the flooring of your choice on top of that.

Just don't do it over rot, or you'll be doing it again in short order.

Reply to
Swingman

Sorry, your problem is the concrete block base. I'll bet they've sunk into the ground and are giving you the unevenness. I'd take the floor up-you can probably reuse the plywood-and even up the "foundation". Phil brown

Reply to
Phil Brown

Jack up one side 2 feet or so. Then relevel the supports and set it back down.

Reply to
Pat