Subject Author Posted Replies

Sketchup: Engineering Tool Box
Woodworkers using SketchUp may find the following a useful site/plug-in: EngineeringToolBox - Sketchup Edition
8
8

What is it? Set 277
This week I need some help with the tool with the hooks on the end, number 1576: few months ago I posted a photo here on the newsgroups of a strap that someone was trying to identify, he finally...
17
17

Best way to clean band saw blades?
So, this band saw I just picked up came with about 15 blades. They probably sat in the garage for a few years and got pretty rusty. Right now, I have them soaking in some lubricant spray. What's the...
16
16

Gloat: 14" Jet Bandsaw
Jet JBS-14MW Bandsaw Wood & Metal, Muti-speed Just picked up this puppy on Craigslist for 100 bucks, with a bunch of extra blades. Plus, the guy threw in a little Delta 1" belt sander, just to get rid...
8
8

Window Glazing
I know this isn't really the right newsgroup for this, but hey, I'll ask anyhow. I was going to replace a cracked window on one side of my house, the side that gets the most direct sunlight, and I...
4
4

Epoxy inlay on desk top
I'm going to be making myself a new desk pretty soon. For the top, I'd like to use ribbon stripe (quartered) African mahogany. I'd like to break up the expanse of wood with an inlay around all four...
25
25

Hinges for Rehanging Kitchen Cabinet Doors
Hello I am repainting my kitchen cabinets. The cabinets are solid wood. They are original cabinets for 1955 ( when the house was built) I took all the doors off the cabinets along with the hinges. I...
7
7

220 Water Stone Alternate
When I back off (eg-flatten the backs) on my bench plane blades I start with a 220 waterstone the first time. I find most commercial blades have some cup and a lot of material must be removed the...
8
8

Delta Planer Depth Scale
I have a 13" Delta planner, and I've recently noticed that the depth scale is off by almost 1/4". I've loosened the screws and moved the clear plastic scale as far as I can, and it's still way off. I...
5
5

DC Area Woodworkers
The Washington Woodworkers Guild (WWG) will have a demo booth at the woodworking show at the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly, VA. Drop by and see us. We plan to assemble some Windsor side chair and...

Pine (SPF) drawer slides?
I'm working on building a stand for my CMS, and would like to add some drawers to it. The drawers would be around 3-4" thick, 16" wide and hold miscellaneous tools and random work pieces (you know,...
13
13

Jointer motor failure
Yeah, you are lucky. My similar Yorkcraft's motor quit after 2 years, than I was pretty dumb. I ordered a new Baldor motor (about $250) after installing it, I found I have the wrong RPM. I have a...
23
23

DeWalt DW733 planer *thunk* - update & question
After replacing the drive chain with a stiff link in it last week, and reassembled the planer, I ran a few test boards through. First one went through ok. Second one, the planer resumed its "thunk...
11
11

Tough cut to make - need suggestions
My buddy is finishing up his kitchen install and is putting molding on top of the cabinets. The outside wall is about 7' so he needs to cut the molding to match the slope of the ceiling. The molding...
10
10

Re: Sumptin' from 40 years ago.
Once the religious, the hunted and weary Chasing the promise of freedom and hope Came to this country to build a new vision Far from the reaches of kingdom and pope Like good Christians, some would...
1
1