Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: OT: Sumptin' from 40 years ago.
Edwin Starr - War War! - huh- yeah- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Uh-huh War! =96 huh =96 yeah- What is it good for? Absolutely nothing Say it again y=92all War! =96 huh =96 good God What is...
7
7

OT: Problems with Chinese Drywall
10
10

Question on routers and router tables
hello folks I have a question concerning the types of routers to use on router tables, my old combo router table w/router got busted up and I need to get another setup but I don't want to go with...
86
86

Help needed for Delta Contractor 34-410 saw
After my neighbor used my saw the freaking lift will not budge. The thing is so tight, he broke the lift handle and sheared off the roll pin holding it on! What could cause the lift to lock up this...
6
6

debugging wood
I have a few pieces of beautiful fallen wood that is full holes (and likely bugs) that I am going to use for a project. It's not green wood but is wet from rain and lying on the ground. How can I make...
7
7

Building a Jewelers Bench
Wow, $1500. Dad has a couple of very old ones, wonder what they are worth?
2
2

Reminder -- Woodworkers Showcase and Totally Turning
These two events are the weekend of March 28-29 2009 in Saratoga Springs, NY. you come to the show stop by and say Hi... I'll be giving a couple presentations on shooting boards and bench hooks--Yeah,...
2
2

Sketchup grief
So this is now official where I'll come with my SU gripes. Danged cheerleaders here need waking up. I picked up a little book on modeling a wooden sailboat. But it had little scale drawings you were...
43
43

OT: warranties
I don't believe it! All those stories about devices failing right after the warranty runs out? It finally happened to us! My wife loaded the dishwasher this morning and it made strange noises. She...
85
85

For any one thinking about getting a cabinet saw.
Powermatic has a promotion on their PM2000. 3hp Baldor motor 50 inch rip capacity and extension tale Shipped Free $2200.00
7
7

OT - Worth a read ... then cry.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/26793903/the_big_takeover
29
29

Skil saw kickback (kickoff)?
Imagine, gentlemen, if you will, a perfect storm of poor judgement, stupidity and bad conditions that led to about 2 inches being the difference between a 'Holy S**t! WTF was that!?' and an OSHA...
3
3

Is Zinnser's SealCoat just blond shellac?
I need some dewaxed blond shellac for a birdseye mable panel. Is Zinnser SealCoat simply 100% dewaxed blond shellac, or are there flattening agents in there as well?
3
3

Finishing Ash
I just built a TV cabinet with ash wood. It turned out great but I am having trouble getting the grain filled. I am using Bulls Eye sanding sealer. I don't want to do anything that will hide the grain...
18
18

Biscuit Joiner Problem
I have a DeWalt Biscuit Joiner that I use to make boxes or cabinets. That is 2 sides and a top and bottom. The fence for the joiner is set at a height of 3/8" and is is down, or parallel to the blade....
32
32