Subject Author Posted Replies

Stanley Staple Gun
>> (unless someone recommends another one to me). Many of the knock-down types of furniture come with a hardboard backing, such as garage cabinets, book cases and even some office-type of furniture....
10
10

OT: Life's simpler pleasures.
How quickly one gets attached: Full of P & V ready to play: a mere few months later, she has completely adapted our lifestyle LOL http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/arf2.jpgThen,...
35
35

Frame repair
This is an art to do this - people repair opera houses and movie houses by fixing plaster..... See if you can make a form that matches the shape with the breakout. Once it fits tight - it is a task...
6
6

Goodell putty knife
It's not the web-server. it is the domain-name itself that fails. No registration data whatsoever. So it's been 'gone' for a while. History -- Goodell Tool mreged with Goodell-Pratt, back in the...
9
9

1968 Craftsman table saw #Table Saw 113 2990301
It's a water pump bearing. Translation: Outer race, arbor and two (2) rows of ball races are an integral unit. You replace the whole thing as a unit. The ends of the arbor are machined as req'd for...
11
11

In our fondest dreams ...
There may be others, too, but those are the ones that spring most readily to mind.
164
164

Cute tool
I never thought I'd own a cute tool. But my wife bought me one of these: A 2 1/2" shoulder plane! Well, I sharpened it up with some Shapton glasstones, and the plane now cuts shavings so thin, I can...
9
9

OT: Anybody using Thunderbird 3?
... snip Thanks. I downloaded it, but it's sitting in a folder right now. Things are working and I always hate to mess with that.
21
21

Replacing bandsaw motor
OK, I'll answer your question first. "Because the factory rebuilt Ridgid BS1401 was all that I could afford". I picked it up from the Cummins traveling tool show a few years ago and have been tricking...
11
11

Under cabinet spice/knife/cookbook rack hinges
Folks, SWMBO wants drop down racks under kitchen cabinets for spices, knives etc. The kind that are shallow trays that fold up under the wall cabinets and can be swung down to access the contents. I'm...
3
3

Surreal Borg Experience
I'm curious as to what item you are referring to. Answering as a consumer, not a builder: In the case of appliances, I'd call the manufacturer or his dealer or authorized service center, not the...
94
94

Almost Scary Sharp
Santa dropped off a Drill Doctor 500X. For years I have been waiting for Drill Doctor to come out with the sharpener that would sharpen a brad point bit. I gave up. After buying some COLT 5 Star brad...
8
8

Clearcoat Test-Finish Update
Maybe a year ago, there was a discussion, here, regarding using a paint base, without the tint added, as a clearcoat finish on an exterior project. This past spring, I stripped and refinishied a swing...
7
7

Photo and Article Credits
It is just good publication practice to post notice of who the copyright holder is of any work. It the piece is not taken maliciously and the copyright information deleted you still get credit of the...
24
24

Air Compressor
I am looking to buy new Air compressor. What type and size would you recommend for a woodworking shop + home improvement and construction project (involving framing and roofing nailers)? I am...
13
13