Subject Author Posted Replies

Paring Chisels...
Hi All, I keep hearing about using a "paring chisel" on a TV show, that seems to be sharper than a scapel, able to shave end grain by the foot, etc. Never used with a mallet, just hand pressure. Is...
9
9

maroon stain on birch plywood (or why Home Depot makes me cry)
Can anyone offer suggestions for a painless-as-could-be-expected way of staining birch plywood a deep, intense red color? Something almost cartoony red or maroon, as opposed to the reddish-brown...
4
4

DAP 33 or Acrylic glazing compound?
I'm preparing to set some glass pane into wooden frames. The glass panes are 10x12, and the frame is for a fixed basement windows. I have on my shelf a bucket of DAP '33 Window Glazing Compound, and a...
6
6

O/T: Gotta Love It TV-B-Gone and similar devices
Actually, I am not. I very seldom use the cell phone for calls while I'm driving (less than once or twice a month). I use it as an MP3 player, but that requires no intervention on my part from the...
151
151

Woodworking gifts received
My wife (who has a keen eye) got me a dust-collection set for my router with different hoods for different applications, and one of those electric branding irons so I can sign my projects--a woman...
70
70

Repost: The Twelve Days Of Christmas - WoodDorker Style
A repost of Tom Watson's original post on December 22, 2005. On the first day of Christmas, my true love sent to me A catalogue from Lee Valley. On the second day of Christmas, my true love sent to me...
3
3

Merry Christmas all you wRECkers!! and a sawdusty 2010
Have a good one, folks! Blessings all around, keep safe!
28
28

Slate mirror frame
Photos were posted to the binaries newsgroup, with the following text: ----------- Speaking of using marble for decoration somewhere other than on a floor or counter top, I also did some work with...
2
2

Marble faced planters
I just posted some photos of marble faced planters I'd built to the binaries group. Here's the accompanying text: -------------------------------------- In another thread, I mentioned the possible use...

OT: M51/M65 Fishtail Parka.
I happen to know that this is a resourceful bunch, so I appeal to the collective for a lead or two so I can find a GOOD quality parka. I have DAG'd the bejeezus out of this and I have found the...
22
22

O/T: Weighing Piggy
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------------------------- Keoki wants to have a luau. He needs a pig for the luau, so he goes to a pig farm and asks the farmer for a twenty-pound pig. The...
36
36

O/T: Thoughts For The Season
Enjoy the holiday season your way Lew ================================= -Smile, it's the second best thing you can do with your lips. -Sex is like air, it's not important unless you aren't getting...
1
1

Re: HMS Victory in 1:48 scale - Part 3 & Part 4
It takes a sick fool to build ONE model like this, and even worse to go on to another! I built a similar scale model of the Charles Morgan (A whaling ship) and it cured me of ever doing it again. Not...

OT: eHow Copyright Infringed Me
eHow article: picture is used in the article. I stumbled upon this today. It was lifted from here: third photo down. I left a comment at the bottom complaining about it but it has been deleted. Lol. I...
72
72

What is it? Set 316
I'll be back to the usual Thursday posting next week. http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob