Subject Author Posted Replies

Calibrating rules
I'm sure, I'm like everyone else. I have several tapes, flat rulers, rulers on your tablesaw and probably other measuring tapes on other equipment (panel saw, etc) elsewhere. In building projects,...
5
5

Old Church pews
Just a few blocks from my apartment an old church building is being remodeled and updating their seating arrangements. They have about ten all wood pews about 15 feet long stacked outside their...
6
6

Cordless Eggbeater Drill
All this talk of cordless and corded drills. I miss my old eggbeater drill. A former room mate decided it was his. I had been thinking about getting one since I need one once in a great while. But...
30
30

Delta 17-959L DP
Please forgive me if we hashed out some of this before. Amazon has the Delta 17-959L drill press for $579 (which seems like a lot in view of some of the negative comments I have read about it at...

re-finishing a walnut table
I am re-finishing a walnut table. The top coat was originally lacquer and had been badly damaged. It was stripped and then I wiped it with mineral spirits. It looked great - no lacquer residue. The...
11
11

Musical wood (Is that "Timber" or Timbre?)
Hey All, I just did a google search for building a xylophone and got several potential links. Just curious if any of you had ever constructed any percussion musical instruments from wood. I have been...
17
17

GW Woodworking Videos
To those that enjoy my woodworking videos you will need to check for updates periodically. I will no longer be posting to here. You can register and receive updates if you choose to here:
9
9

Workbench Design (revised) w/SketchUp
If you are possibly curious in the present state of my workbench design, an abridged version of Garrett Hack's work, or would care see what a beginner can do with SketchUp, my pdf file is at the...
60
60

G&G Indent Detail Video-HowTo
I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don=92t laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I=92d post a video of the process. The jig I use in the video was made from...
14
14

Speaking of old tools (was under "belt sander")
Here's a couple of vintage "early 60s" http://tinyurl.com/y2s4su2Max
27
27

Here ya go, Max ...
Some rust remover for your wallet crowbar: ) http://www.festoolusa.com/sysnotes/sysnotes-apr-2010.html;
7
7

OT:We saw Lightfoot last night.
I think he was about 20 years late on that. :-)
92
92

Easy sanding primer
I need a primer that sticks well (wood) and is exceptionally easy to sand. Dry sand. International makes/used to make one that was originally developed to fill the grain on Phillipine mahogany but...
20
20

new mirka ROS to compete with Festool
Too rich for my blood but some of you pros might find this interesting: 's a palm sander (5" and 6") from Mirka that is supposed to feel more like an air sander. It uses a 22V brushless motor with a...
2
2

24" Planer
I am considering bidding on this planer: have just sent Oliver Machinery an inquiry as to whether the 3 phase motors can be replaced with single phase and, if so, what their recommendations would be...
25
25