Subject Author Posted Replies

The Perfect Screwdriver Rack (Long)
It's been years since I visited this group, but I found it again during a google search and looked in... Still a wonderful group! I decided to post a rather personal letter I wrote to my mother...
9
9

What is it? Weekend Edition 3
Below are some items that were sent in to me, I know the answer for number 11 but not for the other two. 10. This was found in a graveyard, it's about 3-1/4" long, it has three threaded compartments...
21
21

best finish with polyurethane
I'm painting a Formica table top with Ronseal ultra tough polyurethane with the *matt* finish . I'm using an old, but best quality bristle brush. I'm not the very worse at wielding a paint brush, but...
57
57

Gripper?
Not to mention that the markup on most stationary power tools is pretty low to start with.
139
139

Hinges Needed
I plan to build a cash box, bills only, using 1/4" plywood. I would like to hinge the lid and put some kind of latch on the front. What would anyone recommend? Security is not an issue as it can...
6
6

Gripe about sillycone toobs.
There was a time that one could use a part of a tube, then store it. When attempting to re-use, one could unscrew the tip, clear it out and use the rest of the tube. Now I can't even find a tube of...
25
25

Trip to Boston /Salem area
Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated....
7
7

How much weight can a 3/4" of MDF support?
My son is starting his first year of college next week and he and his roommate have discovered the joys of Craig's List. They just HAD to have a TV but neither set of parents were willing to buy them...
25
25

table saw vac box
I have a 10" Ridgid tablesaw with a sawdust vacuum which catches most of the sawdust. However, some sawdust blows out the rear where the motor is. I saw an article where someone had built a box, which...
2
2

A neener and a tear
Just scored a set of 4 "Two Cherries" chisels at the local Ace Hardware. I didn't know anything about them but thought the price - about $40 - was cheap enough for the risk. Googled them when I got...
21
21

Federal lawsuit to protect woodworking
Monks of St. Joseph Abbey sue state of Louisiana for right to make caskets. Video Under Louisiana law, it is a crime for anyone but a licensed funeral director to sell "funeral merchandise," which...
12
12

Metal rods for filing cabinet?
I have a wooden filing cabinet with two drawers. All the removable rods that hold up the hanging files are the same length - about 14 inches. However, over the years, the wood seems to have worn away...
14
14

What happened to lumber imports?
The trees if allowed to grow that way - we had an 'orchard' next door to us - have thorns. Often in the wild and underbrush areas it makes a low tree/bush. With the thorns, not much wants to go...
23
23

What is it? Set 349
I'm sure I'm very wrong, but the thing sure looks animal related to me. A way to walk a bull or horse and have his undivided attention.
10
10

Wet or Dry Rag to Wipe off Excess Glue
I was clamping some tenons and wiped away the excess glue with a dry rag. I worry a little about how the thin residue of glue might affect the finish. But I also read some time ago not to use a wet...
31
31