Trip to Boston /Salem area

Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated. PS Beer and good food also required. Thanks.

Vic

Reply to
Victor H.

Victor H. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The Rockler store I know is on the inbound side of Massachusetts Ave in Cambridge, a few blocks Northwest (??) from Porter Square.

Coming from the West into the Boston area, you'd take Route 2 inbound from

95/128. At the end, take a left onto 16, then a right onto Mass Ave.
Reply to
Han

Vic

There is a Rockler in Cambridge MA and one in Salem NH (NOT SALEM MA) and a Woodcraft in Woburn MA.

While in the Boston - Salem area there are a lot of cool things to see like the USS Constitution (Boston) all the witch craft trial stuff in Salem.

As far as beer and food goes lots and lots of fried clams and lobster rolls this time of year. I can't really recommend any places it has been a while since I lived there. I am running out but I am sure I can think of more places later.

Larry C

Reply to
Larry C

In article , snipped-for-privacy@verizonnails.net says...>

Han mentioned getting to the Cambridge Rockler by coming in on Rt 2, left at Rt 16, and then right at Mass Ave. That's probably the easiest route but no the shortest. You can also turn right onto Rt 16, then take your first left onto Rindge Ave. Follow Rindge all the way to the end (about a mile) and Rockler is at that corner, about 100 feet to your right on Mass Ave.

This route is important because at the intersection of Rt 16 and Rindge is a great seafood restaurant, Jasper White's Summer Shack. (If you were coming the other way on Rindge and neglected to stop at the traffic light at the end, you would smash right into the Summer Shack.)

To get to Woodcraft, follow the original route (left at Rt 16 from Rt

2), follow it about 5 miles to I-93 north. Take I-93 north about 5-6 miles to Montvale Ave in Woburn. Woodcraft is about 1 block west on your left.
Reply to
John Santos

John Santos wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com:

Great plug for a seafood restaurant! And not only is that route shorter, it's probably also faster, because the left at 2&16 can be very slow.

More eats: On the left of Mass Ave, just beyond Porter Square is the old Sears building, now partly occupied by Lesley University and a whole lot of shops and restaurants. Although not cheap, the Blue Fin has great sushi. In one of the little hallways is a Korean restaurant with an aquarium, great to amuse the toddlers ...

Reply to
Han

My last visit was circa 30 years ago, but Anthony's Pier 4 had some unforgettable seafood.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in news:4c66114f$0$4988$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

It's still very good, at least it was in 2009, but it's not close to Rockler's.

Reply to
Han

Mmm, I've never had the seafood at Rockler's. Maybe Tuesday (business in Atlanta). ;-)

Reply to
krw