Easy instruction to Make Own chicken Coop

Whenever you raise chicken you need to provide them with an excellent chick en coop. A chicken coop can last longer only when you construct it with tot al knowledge of the building process involved and durable supplies. here some recommendations will help you construct a chicken coop that remai ns on for years. First Choosing the land area Knowing where to build the coop is very important. You need an area that ha s a good level and is landscaped in the right way. You could do your own bit of landscaping and make the area suitable or you could find an existing area in your backyard which is properly leveled to b uild the chicken coop on. The chicken coop should be be built in such a way that water puddles do not form below or around it during rains. Second step: The base is important You need to spend money when structuring the base of the coop. The building materials required for the base should be of high quality to keep the coop up for long. Making Blueprints help in a big way You need to plan ahead when you build your own chicken coop. Making the blu eprint will help you in several ways- You will have a structurally sound coop You can build according to the plan without any confusion You Can design the placement of doors and windows according to need in desi red positions If anyone else is helping you then he or she will know what is to be done b y consulting the plan Confusion during the building process can be avoided You will have a neat looking coop when it is planned well useful chicken coop plans Found Here

Door and windows of the coop The door should be large enough for you to enter and leave without disturbi ng the chickens. The windows should be facing the south direction to get mo re breeze and sun to keep the coop warm. Remember to secure the windows with wires to keep the chicken safe. You cou ld even have glass windows that can be closed at night. A latch on the door is also required to prevent them from escaping. Nest boxes position The nest boxes should be off the ground but not more than 3 to 4 feet highe r than the ground. Position them along the wall of the coop. Put enough str aw in them to keep the hens comfortable. important: Feeder in position The feeder position is important when you build a chicken coop. The height of the feeder should be carefully planned. If placed at a higher level, the chickens will not be able to reach their food and if very low, then chicke ns will crowd around and scatter the food. So, make a notch and then build the feeder in such a way that it is at a comfortable position.

See More On :

johngades

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Desperate spammer.

Reply to
Red Green

I liked the part about not disturbing the chickens when entering the building. A mink or weasel getting into the coop sure would disturb them for awhile. I remember finding the neighbor's flock dead when they were on vacation. Farmers had chickens way back when I was growing up on a farm. That would've been 45-50 years ago or so. We had a milk cow. Those days are long gone. The only livestock on most farms nowadays barks.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Bilingual cat from south of the border? "Si, roof, roof!"

Real shame, some predators are sneaky, vicious, and rather underhanded. And there is Congress, but I repeat myself.

. Christ> I liked the part about not disturbing the chickens when entering the

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My friend had a chicken coop in the back yard. Raccoons were his problem. It seems that whatever he did, the raccoons could get in. He was getting to think that they had keys to the locks and they would lock it back up when they left. :-)

Reply to
willshak

Did you call the local locksmith, and see if he'd been making chicken coop keys recently? Hope your friend figured out the racoon entry port, and repaired it.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This bear has things figured out:

Dean Hoffman

Yeah, I saw that video. There is another video of the same location, but the bear is dragging out a dumpster that has both lids closed.

Reply to
willshak