Chicken Coop siding question

have some old weathered wood decking material about 1 x 5.5 that I am going to use for siding on chicken coop. Plan to clean sand and stain. these boards. Looking for suggestions for some material to put into gaps between boards. I guess I can caulk but is there a better way?
On 9/10/17 7:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com wrote:

I think our old barn just has some 2" wide lath nailed over the gaps. It might be round moulded but I don't remember off hand.
On Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 8:59:50 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com wrote:

Maybe double sided tape of the right kind? Or something from the weatherstripping section at HD? Problem is that's likely going to be expensive, you need a lot of it. A bead of caulk is probably the most cost effective, easiest, etc.
snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com posted for all of us...

DAGS? I don't think you want gaps but overlapping.
--
Tekkie

On 9/10/17 5:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com wrote:

I wouldn't use that wood...it well may chock full of preservatives that won't be good for the chickens or you
On 10-Sep-17 7:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com wrote: ...

Sure, "board and batten". Vertical would be bestest as drains water better that way but if dimensions don't work out without a lot of waste, "ya' does what ya' gotta' do!". Doesn't need weather-tight at all unless you're in really cold climate. Don't forget ventilation...