Chicken Coop siding question

have some old weathered wood decking material about 1 x 5.5 that I am going to use for siding on chicken coop. Plan to clean sand and stain. these boards. Looking for suggestions for some material to put into gaps between boards. I guess I can caulk but is there a better way?

Reply to
daisy

I think our old barn just has some 2" wide lath nailed over the gaps. It might be round moulded but I don't remember off hand.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Maybe double sided tape of the right kind? Or something from the weatherstripping section at HD? Problem is that's likely going to be expensive, you need a lot of it. A bead of caulk is probably the most cost effective, easiest, etc.

Reply to
trader_4

snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com posted for all of us...

DAGS? I don't think you want gaps but overlapping.

Reply to
Tekkie®

I wouldn't use that wood...it well may chock full of preservatives that won't be good for the chickens or you

Reply to
ZZyXX

On 10-Sep-17 7:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@daisy.com wrote: ...

Sure, "board and batten". Vertical would be bestest as drains water better that way but if dimensions don't work out without a lot of waste, "ya' does what ya' gotta' do!". Doesn't need weather-tight at all unless you're in really cold climate. Don't forget ventilation...

Reply to
dpb