Subject Author Posted Replies

Learning Sketchup
[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the cited author.] I've just started learning how to use SketchUp and have come up with a question. On the 3D view the program...
8
8

Spinning Wheel
If any of you have gotten the "bug" to build a Great Wheel (or Waulking/Walking Wheel) I stumbled across a set of plans that you might be interested in. The plans are for a Shaker inspired wheel and...
4
4

Rockler Pock-it Clamps
Thanks to a tip I read here, I picked up a couple of these at 9.99 apiece. I finally got around to trying them out. I was slapping together a quick utility shelf to hold a couple of battery chargers...
6
6

OT: One FINE beer commercial
can only watch it once. More than once, it goes on your permanent record. We have a new channel. Watch our first upload in 8K https://youtu.be/F1mgBzerdhE 33 million views and counting... the best...

Multifunction/osc. tool
Are the attachments [blades etc] on these tools interchangeable between brands? For the non pro occasional user is the HF worth the money or should one pony up more for a name brand? Thanks
10
10

Multifunction/oscillating pwr tool
Dayum, do all these makes/mfr's actually make their own multitool, or are some/most simply putting their label on a generic unit?
13
13

which wood for window trim
I need to trim out an entire house with stained window trim. What kind of wood is best for this use. Thanks Len
4
4

New book
I don't know if this is spam or not, but I put my "Woodworker's Guide To Wo= od" up on Amazon as a Kindle book a few days ago. If anyone is interested, = they can check my name and digital under...
4
4

PlantFest Pics
About 2 weeks ago, my computer crashed, so I lost the recent individual pic= s of my PlantFest showings. Here are some group pics of my booth with item= s. These pics were still in my camera, so were...
6
6

OT: A personal milestone
A full year dry. Dropped 60 lbs, gained 10 back and am at 185 - 190 from 240. Feel great. Can jog more than 20 feet. Blood work shows that aside from potassium levels being a bit high, you wouldn't...
8
8

Current Job TV Chest
As many of you may recall I build an 8'x 8' country pantry for our home late last year. That piece has influenced the design and sell of the next 5 pieces of furniture that I have built and am...
12
12

Woodworking Show in Northern California
For those living the Bay Area: The last days of the Artistry in Wood show are this Saturday and Sunday. We have over 45 pieces of work from such known artists as Greg Zall, Craig Thibodeau, David...

Latex w/ air gun, paint pot: report...
Awl -- Well, not bad for a home-moaner..... :) My buddy picked up the HF pressurized paint pot hose from this pot replaces the siphon cup on the gun. So now I have quite the contraption, and it...
6
6

Ping Bill
Do not respond in email, it is a trap a spam trap and your responses will be treat as such. Which in enough time will get your address on spam blacklists.
7
7

Water based Stain tip
I have recently started using stains that are not oil based. Naturally they raise the grain. Yes I have tried wetting the wood surface and sanding before applying the stain but with less than...
9
9