Subject Author Posted Replies

Trouble with Senco finish nailer.
Putting up hundreds of feet of MDF trim. (1/2" casings, baseboards etc.) Using 2" finish nails in the gun. Only about one in nine nails sets below the surface. Pain in the ass to bend and set nails at...
14
14

What is it? Set 480
These are both correct. Did they make feathers out of wood? I always thought they were metal.
10
10

JessEm mortiser report
Got the mortiser today. Set up is quick, the process of drilling a half-doz en holes and then swinging the arm back and forth a few times takes a minut e or so and the floating tenon fits OK. Will...
5
5

RE: O/T: Ya Never Know
------------------------------------------------------- I'm reminded of a lyric from the song "Three Jolly Coachmen", sung by the Kingston Trio. Here's to the lad who drinks dark ale, He goes to bed...
9
9

Dewalt drill gravity compensation
I am most impressed with Dewalt. In a Momentary Lapse of Reason, I dropped my 18v battery drill about 17 feet off a ladder onto a concrete floor, the battery ejected, landing about 6 foot from the...
2
2

large router
you can crank these out in a few seconds each. Ok scratch my last comment, I didn't see the 4" stock, just the 1.75 x .5... a power feeder won't do the 4" wide.
28
28

HF 20% off coupon (was Re: HF 1x30 sander...)
Bookmark the following URLs, they are updated regularly so you'll never be without a 20% off coupon again. 20% off coupon: SuperCoupons: Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same...

Tabletops from TableLegs.Com ??
Has anyone bought a table top from them ( "Classic Designs by Mathew Burak" out in Vermont)? They make them to your specs and I am interested in ordering a few... but I have not seen any reviews....
4
4

concave cuts on table saw
After 15+years of wood working I've started getting concave rip cuts on my tablesaw. The concave is ~.015" in the middle of the board, on boards that are more than 14-16" long. This happens...
10
10

The Rising Cost of Termite Vomit.
I but you guys would get it much cheaper if you bought it by the gallon vs by the litre. ;~) Buy 2 quarts of anything and it is usually about the same as a gallon. LOL BTY if you don't complain they...
23
23

RE: O/T: Too Dam Funny
According to Snopes, this one is actually true - except the state was Michigan and the responder was one Stephen Tvedten.
5
5

HF 1x30 sander...
I've had ther 1X30 belt/5 inch disc sander model 69033 for well over 10 years now of weekend warrior use and it still works fine. I recall it was nearly identical to the same sized unit made by Delta...
15
15

Wow! How sharp is that blade?
10
10

undermount slide question
Depends on the actual construction of the frame/carcass. Don't chop into your cabinets yet! I have modified drawers to work easily with side mounted slides by carefully cutting into the stiles to...
18
18

OT - sweating walls
I may have mentioned here that we recently moved into a house built in the '50s. A problem has arisen. One of the bathrooms has a relatively small shower. My wife likes to take long hot showers. When...
9
9