Dewalt drill gravity compensation

I am most impressed with Dewalt.

In a Momentary Lapse of Reason, I dropped my 18v battery drill about 17 feet off a ladder onto a concrete floor, the battery ejected, landing about

6 foot from the drill, trigger popped out a similar distance. After gathering the pieces and snapping it all back together all is well, can't really find any permanent damage at all.

Kudos to Dewalt for making a product that will take that kind of abuse.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I have done the same thing with both DeWalt and Makita drills for the past 30+ years with the same results you observed.

Reply to
Swingman

On the other hand, I dropped the most expensive drill I own (Milwaukee right angle drill) less than 3 feet and snapped the shaft in between the chuck and motor. Which reminds me, I need to order the parts to repair it.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk