Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Invisible messages
Whole bunch of posts labeled "Kitchen musings..... " showed up in my message count but didn't display in the message headers. Turned out they were all scored at -9999 because of posting to multiple...
4
4

RE: O/T: Norgegian Ice Breaker
Over on ABPW. Lew

Gloat
Some of you may recall that I've been coveting a Festool Domino. I've seen several on eBay go for nearly the price of a new one and the asking price on CL has been around $800. So, last night I posted...
17
17

Drywall-type screws with true 82 deg head?
Awl -- I'm a big fan of coarse thread drywall screws, for mounting metal to wood (indoors), or even deck screws, but the head is not an 82 deg c-sink, in fact, the underside is curved. Can I get a...
7
7

Ping Leon
I put a WTB ad on CL for the Domino I've been coveting and got a response f or a used unit within two hours of home. I'm going out to see it tonight. Since I've never used one, I'd appreciate your...
1
1

Mission Chair Reproduction 2013
Agreed to take this one on today, it should be fun:
36
36

Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....
( RCM-ers.... skip down to the alum. plate section) (RW peeple -- stop whining..... yeah, I know, it's not wood, it's anti-wood, deal with it) Awl -- Since ahm fixin up m'shop, The Wife is REALLY...
179
179

What is it? Set 481
I need some help with the last one this week: Rob
8
8

OT but fun: splitting big blocks of granite
On Rob H's blog he posted a pic of "pins and feathers" used to split rocks. I did my disertation on granite, so it caught my eye. IDAGS and found this: The guy splits a 26,000 lb chunk of granite with...
5
5

Planes
Couple of questions about planes: I have a #5 plane that works ok until a little wax is applied to the sole. After that, it works great. The effects of the wax last only last for about 5 minutes. If I...
25
25

Peachtree's return policy
Bought one of those $29 LED lights with the magnetic base at the Peachtree booth at the Woodworkers Show last weekend. DOA when I took it out of the box last night -- both on the AC adapter and...
7
7

Rockwell Lathe Belt Change
I have a 60s vintage Rockwell 46-460 lathe that needs a new belt. Can anyone tell me how I am supposed to change the belt on this old thing?
7
7

Off Topic Southern roof
I know someone here has this. My barrel tile roof in Florida does not leak, yet. 25 years old. It is cement tile over tar paper and hot tar. When I have it replaced do I screw down the existing...
21
21

Field Expedient: Kreg Jig Jig
The face frames for my bookcase project will require 80 pocket holes. I made 50 or so for another project using only the Kreg Jr. and their "vise-grip"-style clamp. Pretty laborious. So I decided I'd...
3
3

Hey Domino guys
This is from a current eBay listing: The unit functions perfectly with only one small issue- the depth stop does not spring in to position on the last 2 depths and must be moved manually. This does...
3
3