220V for my table saw

I dropped a 220V line in and rewired my table saw (incredibly easy venture), and the saw runs great!

If anyone is thinking about doing this, it's well worth the time and effort!

Reply to
Larry Bud

I did the same. I have a contractors saw. I find that the saw starts quicker and seems to cut easier. That might be a biased opinion.

I have an extension cord to more the saw outside when the weather is nice. THe cord does not have to be so heavy.

Reply to
rllipham

If you are running it on an extension cord or have a long run back to the service, that is probably true. The voltage drop at "locked rotor" during startup is considerable and will show up more on a 120v setup. If you have a short 12ga run to the saw it will be a lot less noticable. My receptacle is 3' from the service panel. That is yet another reason to set up a sub-panel for your shop.

Reply to
Gfretwell