Subject Author Posted Replies

Less wood used in Multi million dollar homes.
Soooo.. Billy Bob? Would you pay nearly $4 million for a fancy schmancey TRIPLE WIDE? Apparently the California types would. This 2,200-square-foot 4-bedroom is the most expensive mobile home in...
5
5

tools for a Delta 34-444 table saw
I recently purchased a Delta 34-444 table saw, but the seller didn't have the wrenches to change blades. One is an open end and one is a box end. I've found very few sources for the box end and they...
5
5

RE: O/T: Something Is Screwed Up
Tried to sign on this morning, but no luck. Tried a cold reboots but no luck. Scratched my head thinking what next coach? Then it hit me. Did a cold boot of the modem. MAGIC! I'm back on line. Had a...
1
1

Cost effective construction
All engineering types know that a foundation pile is the backbone that a building is built upon and that an adequate pile driver is necessary for the foundation to be top rate. Be sure your speakers...
8
8

Table Saw, Plus
Though I don't need another saw, at my shop, here's one I'm thinking of get ting for the farm shop. Looks like a good deal, if all is well with it. Been doing a little more work at the farm, making...

Franklin ProSensor 710 Precision Stud Finder
Having used it on two jobs since purchase a month ago, it has exceeded my expectations on drywall covered walls. Initially pricey at $50, the ability to locate and mark the center of studs on a...
19
19

What is it? Set 554
I need some help with 3236 and 3237 in this set: Larger images: Rob
63
63

RE: A Trip Thru Home Depot
Recently, had a couple of hours to kill before a medical appointment. Had a couple of choices. Sit in the medical office and try to read stale magazines which was not going to happen. Take a trip down...
18
18

Hey, cabinetmakers ... auction
Here's an interesting Chicago area auction: Drawer slides, hinges, knobs, etc. I have no affiliation with this company, but have purchased a few items from their auctions previously. Larry

another What-Is-It ? ..
From Lee Valley newsletter .. --- news:// - complaints: --- Discover - Lee Valley Tools
1
1

OT: Water heater question
I've detected some leakage around the base of our hot water heater. It's a 75-gallon Rheem and is at least 10 years old. I suspect it's time to repl ace. Any of you have experience with a tankless...
44
44

What is it? Set 553
I need some help with numbers 3231, 3233, and 3234 this week: Larger images: Rob
44
44

RE: O/T: SMITHFIELD, N.Y.
Attn: Mike Marlow How close to you Mike? Everything OK? Lew
3
3

veritas or wood river planes
Looking to get a low angle block and smooth planes. Of course Lie-Nielsen would be a dream but I can't get over the price. So between Veritas and Woodcrafts Wood River planes what would be the better...
6
6

best finish for a candle holder (flame resistant)
I am building a candle holder and am curious what finish to use that is flame resistant. The wood won't be in direct contact with the candle, but I don't want to take any chances.
10
10