How close to you Mike?

Everything OK?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

------------------------------------------- "Mike Marlow" wrote:

--------------------------------------------------- You're welcome.

Covered upstate NY for awhile.

Had a distributor based in Buffalo who had his own twin fan airplane and a guy in Rochester.

Basically covered Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo which didn't leave time for much else.

Even Albany got the short end of the stick.

Much of upstate NY is like Ohio except NY gets a tad more snow due to the location of Lake Ontario.

Lake effect snow from Lake Erie is basically contained between Cleveland and Erie, PA.

Looks like Smithfield got hit with a tornado.

About two weeks ago, Brunswick, OH, south of Cleveland maybe

20 miles got hit with a tornado.

My daughter said it hit about 1-1/2 miles from her office.

These days I'll take earthquakes.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

A tornado is a very isolated occurance. A few hundred feet can make a big difference. An earthquake is a regional event. I want to hear you make that comment after "the big one" hits. I'd certainly rather live in tornado country than earthquake country.

Reply to
krw

Tornado's are scary but not quite as devastating as an earth quake or hurricane. A tornado passed 3 house down from our house back in 2004. Not a huge one but it lifted the roof off of a house and one of the ash trees in a front yard was snapped in half 3~4 feet from the ground. The trunk was about 20 inches in diameter.

Anyway while a tornado is devastating along its path if your house is leveled and you survive it is likely you will be able to find a place to stay while the house is rebuilt. And that goes if there are a few hundred houses destroyed. An earth quake or hurricane on the other hand can do the same damage for hundreds of square miles and then you get in line to find a place to live and get in line to have your house rebuilt. Some people in Galveston TX were still waiting to get back in their homes years after the day the storm hit. And on top of a hurricane there can be hundreds of tornado's spawn from the hurricane.

Reply to
Leon