Subject Author Posted Replies

2 applications of stain?
My project continues at a glacial pace. I've been so busy that I have only had time to add a few more specimens to the Guarino Museum of Test Pieces. The rest of the work is stuck in mid-sanding....
10
10

Re: What is it? Set 552__ A_N_S_W_E_R_S_!_
< snips > --- news:// - complaints: --- What is it?: Set 552

2 garage doors
I have a client wishing me to build 2 garage doors. I need to make them lightweight, non-warping. The sizes of each door is about 12 ft. height, and each about 5 ft. width.. (maybe more....not...
14
14

Even animals use metal
1
1

What is it? Set 552
This week I need some help with 3223, 3227, and 3228: Larger images: Rob What is it?
15
15

Long: sorta funny. Made a grinder, or, half hour job takes 5 hours
I had read recently, somewhere, I think here or in one of the YouTube links about sharpening tools and blades, that the blue grinder wheel was the one you wanted. This afternoon, while at Lowes, I saw...
4
4

Need help identifying & locating moulding
Tracing of profile: I need about thirteen feet of this, but I don't know what it is. The best the guys at our local *real* lumberyard (i.e. not a big box retailer) can do is a brick mould that is the...
19
19

Ping Dave in Canada! French Model Applying finish
Here is the video of a "French Model" applying Old Masters Gel Varnish. ;~) Video Jul 01, 11 39 25 AM | Flickrlcb11211 | Flickr
3
3

Titebond II followup
A while back I posted that my latest bottle of T3 was whiter5 and runnier than the last one. I wrote Titebond and they said the color was due to a different filler and the lower viscosity was probably...
34
34

Looking at buying a RAS
I'm looking at buying a used DeWalt RAS. It's definately quite old, but those DeWalts have a reputation for top quality. What should I be looking for in evaluating the saw? Puckdropper
38
38

ooo...ooo...ooo...a new toy in Sketchup
I've been drawing a couple of vanities I'll be making as soon as I finish some tile work. When I draw stuff I draw it in much the same manner as I'll build it. Start with fixed stuff - walls,...
9
9

RE: O/T: Willie's Poem
It seems appropriate Enjoy Lew ------------------------------------------------------- Here's a poem I just must pass along! You younger guys might think it's a joke. You older guys will need no...
2
2

Sanding parts in a "corral": Seems to work OK so far (Video link)
Per the advice I got here, I decided to use three sanders - one for each grit - to sand the many small parts of my current project. Per my own stubbornness, I ignored several suggestions for how to...
1
1

War on drugs
Graphic results:

Tale of an aging woodworker
This morning I was sawing out some rectangles of plywood and MDF. For measuring and marking I was using a 12 inch stainless rule. About the second cut the rule was hidden under the stock and now I...
18
18