Subject Author Posted Replies

(router) bits by bit
I've just been wanting to point this out to someone. From a hobby standpoint. There's been a lot of talk on routers lately. Its not a Lee Valley catalog comment but here goes. Its got everything you...

how tight should a TS blade be tightened
My Mg Skil worm drive saw manual said not to overtighten, in fact you wanted it to slip in case of overload OR emergency, can't remember which. So I add a little of this into my arm memory, but I...
6
6

Accurate Router Guide opinion wanted.
I've been thinking of getting it and was wondering what your opinions of it was. Thanks
7
7

Tip o' the day
120v Long Ranger DC remotes work just as well with HVLP turbines. ;^)
7
7

Tuning a rabbet rebate bullnose plane.
The blade on my new rabbet plane is slightly wider than the body, and I'm wondering if I should take it down to the exact width. This would let me use both sides of the plane without readjusting. Any...
1
1

How to kill bugs in cutting board?
I pulled some logs off my log pile to turn into lumber to make a cutting board, but naturally there are bugs in the wood... So, since this project will be a cutting board and in contact with food,...
24
24

Router Lift Moving On It's Own
A couple of years ago I bought a Woodpeck PRL 621 Router Lift. It's a long story but I got injured and haven't cut any wood for years. Tonight I pulled out a new lock miter bit and started working on...
4
4

Bloack & decker batteries in Dewalt Drill
I need to get a new batterie for my 14.4v dewalt drill and I found some Black & decker battiers that look just like the dewalt anyone ever tried the black & decker in the Dewalt or vise versa? Richard
6
6

HF 2hp DC modifications
Am replacing top bag with Wynne filter,and replacing 2 4" outlets with one 6. Anyone do any thing else to this to ramp up the performance - rewire to 220V, put on noise muffler, seperator, etc?
7
7

Time to re-evaluate router-table routers?
After several postings to the thread "Triton Router - she no start" I began to think that we need to re-open the oft discussed topic of routers. I've posted many times to this news group asking about...
25
25

leeching stain
Ok . First let me say that it looks like me and Minwax have now parted company. So please no bad mouthing :) Problem I have is spots of stain coming to the surface while drying. Applied stain on red...
7
7

Waterlox repair
My wife has managed to put a white stain on a genuine mahogany table top I built a few years ago. The table holds a "Wardian Case", so the water spill wasn't that out of the question. The table is...
5
5

Triton Router - she no start
I have had a Triton 2400w router in a table for as long as they have been available. Went in today, plugged in - light on on switch - no go. Checked full movement of switch cover, mechanism is...
28
28

Bandsaw Blade Tension?
I just received my Grizzly G0555 bandsaw and riser block yesterday (my first bandsaw!), and spent a couple of hours putting things together. I still have a few adjustments to make before I can make my...
13
13

Bandsaw drift
I set up my Jet 14" bandsaw like Michael Fortune recommends. He had an article in FWW 173 and also one in Wood magazine. I also added the Iturra spring that John White recommends in FWW 159. I used...
1
1