Subject Author Posted Replies

Homeowner insurance and tools
I had a meeting with my insurance agent the other day for reviewing my homeowner insurance policy. I was informed under the policy, tools are insured in the home or in my truck but not in any of the...
6
6

dad is selling his printers tablesaw rare and top quality
Dad is getting up in years and has asked me to help him sell the printers tablesaw, this is a rare item that can do tight tollerances. pictures can be seen at is located in Newtown CT you can call me...
5
5

OT: Need Help Finding....
I am working on a project. I need help finding some hard black plastic tubing that has an inside diameter of 1/4". I am using it for a spacer. I need the hard plastic for the strength. I thought about...
2
2

Table Saw dust collection questions
I bought a Jet 3hp cabinet saw back in September. The saw is connected to a Jet 1100 CK DC. The DC does a fine job of collecting the dust from the other machines in the shop, but the dust in the...
33
33

What hinges to use?
I'm building a frameless cabinet and am trying to find some hinges that'll work with the way I have the doors layed out. The cabinet is done in 3/4" plywood. The front opening will have a permanently...
4
4

estimate for wood stairs
Greetings, A client just asked me to replace the carpet on her stairs with wood. Whether is is laminate or solid is to be determined. What I don't have is a reference for an estimate. Has anyone...
15
15

Dewalt DW618B3 discontinued?
This is the 3-base kit. All of the HD's by me are out and they're starting to sell the display models. Seems like a popular set, though. Mike
2
2

Nail guns
I'm in the market for a nail gun but am uneducated to the nail gun world. Therefore, will someone educate me on what to look for in an all around general purpose nail gun? I do trimming (baseboards,...
53
53

Sign Makeing:
Hello Group: I am interested in the art of sign making and was wondering if anyone here has used the templates and jigs that are available for routers? Particularly the ease , and accuracy of use and...
11
11

Questions, a gloat or two, and assorted ramblings....
Evening - Coupla years back we remodeled our oak timberframe home and removed some of the oak timbers in the process. Nice, 2x6 (actual) white oak. 16 beams, from 5 to 7 feet in length. Some good 1/4...

Want A Diversion From Furniture Making? Got A Lathe?
b http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/Turning/TurnedBoxes/NiceOne1.htmlcharlie

planer / planing question
Hey All, First, this did not happen to me but while I was planing some oak boards today I was pondering this scenario; What would occur if you ran a tapered board through a thickness planer, thin end...
9
9

PATIO CHAIR
I've seen dining room chairs look a lot worse than this chair. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax...

TIMBER-FRAME GARDEN SHED
Looks like itd make a nice ice fishing shanty too. Or, easy enough to make longer; or wider; or both. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax

BOOT BUTLER
Some how this gets a different title when it comes u p. I'd actually lost this link, and found it looking for another link I'd also lost. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny...