Subject Author Posted Replies

Particleboard or plywood?
I'm in the kitchen show room looking at cabinets but how can you tell if the box construction is plywood or particleboard when both has a nice veneer and the edges are not visible?
10
10

Help - Sick Table Saw
My 10" Ridgid table saw has been pretty reliable (about 5 years old) and overall I have been happy with the saw. However, recently it started cutting rather poorly especially on rip cuts. I replaced...
3
3

milling machine
as any one ever used a milling machine as a wood cutting i have just purchased one but not received it will be in operation in a month or so i want to make small parts like wheels etc if any one as...
11
11

Molding - In one pass???
I've just started playing with the new Powermatic planner molder that I bought and was wondering if someone could help? Last night when I was doing some relief cuts I need to do a lot of adjustments...
6
6

Restaurant Table Advice needed
Hello- I'm considering taking on a project for 30 or so smaller restaurant tables. They want a light wood with solid strips of inlayed darker wood running through. Sort of Frank Lloyd Wright style....
5
5

Stanley 42X instructions
Hi there, Am looking for the instructions for the 42X. Can someone please help me out on this. Thanks and best wishes, Peter
5
5

Kitchen Cabinet Styles (Configurations?)
Greets! I am in the design process for full extension drawers on the kitchen side underneath our breakfast bar. The bar is essentially laminate on top of a 2x4 frame with drywall wrapping it to...
2
2

OT (But on-topic as well)
Hello all, I've got a woodworking question, only it's not really about the technical aspects of making something as much as it is a dilemma in deciding whether or not I *should* do a project. A couple...
16
16

Framed dollhouse structure
Has anyone built a dollhouse using a stick-built frame? I'm thinking of doing something like that, using basic construction techniques for the '90s (1890s), but my brain is simply pulling a plug when...
43
43

I have figured out...
How to tame set designers with a penchant for the very grand... I just tell the director that it will cost 1.5 times his entire budget and there will be no money left to put furniture on the set or...
1
1

PC 7518 1BADMUTHA!!!
Was at the WW show in Columbus last weekend and was suckered (well, I'd been looking at them for over a year now) into buying a 7518. The Delta guys were sold out of them on Sat. early afternoon, but...
3
3

Here's why you don't put your fingers above the router bit
While cleaning the collets today (of course the .50 cal jag doesn't fit my cleaning rod, but the bore brush from the same company does, while the .25 cal jag has a nice point on the end that fits...
22
22

How to diagnose for cracks or condensation in 1/2" copper pipe
I pulled some 1/2" copper pipes upward in the summer with wire for clearance in preparation for installing T-bar ceiling tiles. I don't know that it did any damage to the pipe or joint, or even if I...
14
14

Question on construction / wood working ?
Question on construction I have seen a few posts on chimneys recently in this group. What is the general rule on chimneys in terms of height ? How much higher than the roof do they have to be ? Can...
17
17

Gutless R/O sander
Hi all, Any ideas as to why my Makita random orbit sander, which I dearly love, would have become absolutely gutless ??? I took it apart to examine the brushes but they seemed fine. While I had the...
3
3