PC 7518 1BADMUTHA!!!

Was at the WW show in Columbus last weekend and was suckered (well, I'd been looking at them for over a year now) into buying a 7518. The Delta guys were sold out of them on Sat. early afternoon, but said that our local Woodcraft would honor the sale prices during the show. I had to stop by Woodcraft on the way home anyway, so I picked up a 7518 while I was there. I gotta say, this thing FREAKIN' ROCKS!!! Until now, I've had my Bosch 1617 in the table and, although it's a great router for most things, it's just not made to do rails, stiles, and raising panels, especially using a panel raiser with a back cutter. This week I've been working on an outfeed/assemble table for the TS and decided to make all the doors with raised panels. I built the carcase and FF earlier this week and started on the doors today with the new 7518 installed in the lift. The difference was unbelieveable! I easily cut the cope/stick (walnut) in one pass. The router didn't even care....Then it was time to do the panels. It swung a 3

1/2" panel raiser with back cutter right through the maple without hesitation in ONE pass and again, the router really didn't care. Anyway, I'll post some pics soon of the outfeed table this weekend. --dave
Reply to
Dave Jackson

I have a PC 7539. So much power it is scary! My guess is the motors are the same. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

you guys are babies. this is a real router (well its a spindle but still)

4 real hp running 3 phase without loosing power when you slow it down. it also weighs 20# and only costs

2500.00 (G)
Reply to
Steve knight

Steve knight wrote: || I have a PC 7539. So much power it is scary! My guess is the || motors are the same. | | you guys are babies. this is a real router (well its a spindle but | still)

4 real hp running 3 phase without | loosing power when you slow it down. it also weighs 20# and only | costs 2500.00 (G)

Wimp.

(Nobody gets to be "king of the mountain" for more than an instant.)

Morris Dovey